Sunday, January 18, 2009

NFL Playoff Predictions, Conference Championships

I've got to do this quick since the first game is about to start, so I'll just start off by saying that I think we will see an all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl. The Eagles are giving off this "Steelers during their 2005 Super Bowl run" vibe. I think they'll be able to pressure Kurt Warner into some turnovers, and I actually think they'll win without much trouble.
I actually feel better about the Steelers as the week goes on. I really like what they showed against San Diego, and I like that Mike Tomlin has shown that he'll be aggressive in his coaching, even if some of those decisions didn't work. I think in the past, the Steelers coaches sometimes were too cautious (including last year against Jacksonville). Also, Baltimore didn't show me much last week. I thought it was more of a case of Tennessee losing the game.

Picks:
Philadelphia 30, Arizona 14
Pittsburgh 24, Baltimore 13

Overall Record: 4-4

2 comments:

Ryan said...

You were dead on with the Steelers game, but come on Stout...I thought you would have known better than to fall for the "Eagles playing four good weeks in a row" trap. I'm ashamed man.

Jared P. Stout said...

It must be the same disease that has me pick BYU in the first round of the NCAA Tournament every year.